18 Nov 2016

#212 The Jug in my life

The Jug in my life


The biggest blessing that the life has offered me is my twin sister. Our evolution has been a very mutual one since the very early stage of embryo! I befriended someone even before appearing in the world! True, the first 12 minutes of my life handed the responsibilities of an elder sister over my shoulder. That’s how my life has gifted me the best friend of my life in form of my sister.

We completed our education of under graduation from same schools and college. I always feel so fortunate to be able to experience the bliss of these combinations of relationship- friendship and sisterhood. I’m always made to realize the essence of this biggest gift by my fellow friends and teachers who have always appreciated the existing bonding between us. Sweta was the one with whom I spent most of my time during my school and college days.

Life has always presented enough opportunities for us to be together. The detour of my life arrived when I appeared in entrance exams for getting into an undergraduate course. Coincidentally, we got into the same college of Engineering but in respective branches of our choices. Our joy knew no bounds when we saw our names in the allotment list of same room number in the wall of Girl’s hostel. That was the happiest moment of my life as far as I can very well recall. Hostel days brought us even closer as roommates. I could witness the evolving state of our friendship from a very close angle. Even though we were roommates for 4 years, yet we never ran short of topics to discuss. I thoroughly enjoyed each part of her company. Sharing with her the moments of joy and disappointment was always something divine.

The Shah Rukh Khan’s way of playing the role of Jug in Alia’s life is no different from the role of my twin sister in my life. My twin sister, Sweta enunciates the qualities of a true friend. Enlisting some of her qualities below that reflects the quality of a true friend-

1)    Helpful: She is the-girl-next door who’s always ready to help others and in return expects nothing.
2)    Loyal: She is someone who can be very well trusted upon. She always lends an ear for the worries and
3)    Selfless: She has a selfless demeanour. She does not keep any kind feeling of jealousy for others.
4)    Counsel: She’s a good counsel. She offers wise advises during the time of need.
5)    Motivator: She is a brilliant motivator. Taking doses of motivation from her is like building your own life.


Sweta is someone with whom I can share everything. There’s no barrier between our thoughts. We almost share similar interests. Now, we are no longer together. When geographical distance acts as a barrier between us, the law of telepathy works wonder. I realized it very soon. There have been times when I’ve missed her and the next moment I get a call from her surprisingly. Thanks to the way of upbringing of my parents that has never let even the slightest feeling of jealousy to crop up between us in any circumstance. She is someone whom I can torture with my silly chattering and she bears the patience of hearing them. She is someone over the shoulder of whom I can keep my head to de-stress myself. She acts like a motivator and guide. I feel that she is the one who understands me the most.

At the end all I can say is that I want this friendship to become concrete reinforced with the experiences of life. May this friendship last long. *Touch Wood*. May you have all success and happiness in days to come, my dear friend and thanks for being an integral part of my life.


Swati Sarangi
18.11.2016

am writing about Jug in my life for the #DearZindagi activity at BlogAdda“.


4 comments:

  1. I am blessed to be a part of your life. I didnot know that I possess such qualities...:p

    Keep writing and keep inspiring through your posts.

    ReplyDelete